New Measures for International Students

Certain former international students who hold or have held a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) can now apply for an open work permit. These permits will be valid for 18 months. To apply for an open work permit under this policy, an applicant must

  • have a PGWP that expired on or after January 30th, 2020, or a PGWP that expires within four months of the date of application;
  • still be in Canada;
  • have valid temporary status or be applying to restore their status; and
  • apply between January 27th and July 27th, 2021.


Need an immigration lawyer?

Contact us or request a free consultation below.

Request A

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
A part of

Crease Harman LLP, Barristers & Solicitors